Monday, February 5, 2007

El amor más fuerte y más puro no es el que sube desde la impresión, sino el que desciende desde la admiración

Somewhere lost in systematic irreverence
I found this innevitable reason to improve my penmanship
and use words that give everything away
It isn't accidental;
by chance or maybe-kinda-sort of
I am overwhelmed by the inability to complete an everyday reality
& it reminds me of that Sarah Vaughan song, I can't remember the name
"I've heard it said
that the thrill of romance
can be like a heavenly dream.
I go to bed
with the prayer that you'll make love to me
sad as it seems"
and here goes nothing
everything is unpredictable,
like a few summers ago I went to the Salvador Dali museam in St. Petersburg
it's near the ocean, Bayboro coast
and I stood in front of "One Second Before Awakening from a Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate"
I've almost forgotten if that was the painting because I was terrified and intrigued at the same time
it could have even been a memory from my painting class
and I could have just been standing in front of "El Matador"
it's hard to say
but all I could thinks was "Salvador loved Gala best, then she ate his heart right from his chest"
and this morning, the relevance of unintelligable infatuaton
led me to a 12 hour dialogue about skin-walkers, generation 911 and the art of saying goodnight
and so finally, I've been thinking about kissing
for another day

And I quote the single girls visual bible, Sex and the City, "There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous!"



I can't stop listening to Le Tigre's "Eau D' Bedroom Dancing" - to you i wanna say, youre my thing.

I don't want to write about filmmaking anymore, or being in college, or what-happens next. I want to write about mixing Rockstar Juiced and Naked Green Machine and naming the drink OMG!. I want to write about the holes in my jeans and the current state of my hair. I want to write about cupcakes and dancing; wearing summer clothes and books that make me feel alive. Most of all, I want to write about love; being and becoming.

Goodnight, in all the wrong ways.

Love always,
LS

No comments: