Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Best Friends Forever

The luckiest people in the world are those with BFFs, mine is named Claire
Her patron saint is Saint Claire - Patron Saint of Sore Eyes, also know as the Patron Saint of Television

Here are ten reasons why she is my best friend:
1. Everyone thinks she is quiet, but I know the truth and I love it. It's algebraic!
2. She says things like "Let's get a pint of Guiness before class"
3. She always eats my onions and green olives and cabbage and other foods I can't or don't eat when we go out
4. We have the same appreciation for energy drinks and expensive shoes
5. She lets me smoke in her truck, which is, by the way, a Aqua 1961 Chevy Apache
6. We listen to Shakira and she always laughs at my horrible jokes

Buddha says "An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind." Through it all, I have had Clarity, and it's kept me alive.

7. We can pretty much have a serious conversation with out saying a single word
8. I respect her more than anyone else (next to my mami) for her determination, creativity and democratic friendships
9. She actually wears the bracelets I make her, even if they're big and ugly and look like they were made by a five year old
10. We made a myspace for her cat, enough said

Freddie Mercury means it most.
"Ooh you're the best friend that I ever had
I've been with you such a long time
You're my sunshine and I want you to know
That my feelings are true
I really love you
Oh you're my best friend"

I even love her when she yells at me during a heated argument about Harry Potter, and when she forgets to turn off her alarm at 3:47am. That's what best friends are for. I know that when I am old, really old, and wearing tacky tracksuits and chain-smoking 100's and power walking at the mall, I know that we'll still be best friends, forever.

Love Always,
LS

No comments: