Saturday, May 5, 2007

typo[st]s; a written apology for my last post & it's abundance of misprints

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive Comic, 07-03-05

I didn't know who Randy Milholland was, so I did what any girl would do at 4:23 in the morning. I wikepedia-ed him. Here is some trivia.

"In June 2003 Milholland was stranded overnight at the airport in Seattle. Unprepared and bored, he asked a friend to mention his predicament on his webcomic and ask for someone to come hang out with him. Within 20 minutes of the post someone found him at the airport and whisked him away from certain boredom. (Many others appeared before the post was removed an hour later.) This was when it became clear that celebrity was coming."

I still don't know who Randy Milholland is, but his quote about typos makes me happy and I'm glad he wasn't bored at an airport. That's what gameboys are for.

Love always,
LS (because I can!)

No comments: